Accounts Clerk - Bank
The Driving Spirit
Snows are an AM Top 50 automotive retailer covering 18 Brands at 52 franchises. Based in the south and south-west of England the business differentiates itself from its customers by delivering outstanding customer service for its customers and manufacturer partners. We are on the lookout for an Accounts Clerk to work in our Head Office at Snows Southampton.
The Accounts Clerk will perform a range of clerical and accounting duties, supporting the Financial Controller and Assistant Accountant with the preparation of monthly management accounts.
• Responsible for opening post, answering telephone calls, filing processed paperwork and managing of designated email address.
• Raising payments via cheques and IAT’s, posting them to the appropriate ledgers.
• Processing New/Used/Demo/Rental invoices.
• Processing transactions from the bank statement on to the relevant ledgers and reconciling the closing balance each day.
• Closing the bank at the end of each month.
• Posting payments received from the daily banking and reconciling the cash control accounts.
• Processing warranty credit notes/SBI’s and reconciling the warranty clearing account.
• Batch inputting sales ledger invoices, for those businesses not on the current DMS.
• Distribution of outstanding cash reports. Chasing responses, following up and dealing with the queries in a timely and efficient manner.
• Distribution of Vehicle debtor’s reports. Chasing responses, following up and dealing with the queries efficiently.
• Registering, scanning and passing invoices/credits on the purchase ledger.
• Processing Parts invoices from individual manufacturers.
• Chasing managers to authorise/verify invoices.
• Passing invoices to the relevant nominals, once authorised.
• Intercompany accounts reconciliation and payments (parts & vehicle).
• Supplier statement reconciliations, including manufacturer parts statements.
• Processing of monthly invoices for insurance products.
• Managing outstanding payments and receipts.
• Purchase Ledger payment run.
• Purchase Ledger Closedown.
Have you got what it takes?
What is in it for you?
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period; therefore, we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of applying then please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
** Important Consent Note ** By clicking the “Submit Application” button, you are expressly giving your consent to us sharing your CV within Snows. This is for the purpose that other roles within the Group may be suitable for you. As a result, you are giving your consent to receive email contact from Snows for the purpose of discussing available roles with you. Snows will not use your details for any other purpose or share your details with any third parties outside of the Group. If you do not give your explicit consent for the reasons stated above please do not click the “Submit Application” button.
Thank you for applying to Snows.