GROUP IT SUPPORT EXECUTIVE (1ST LINE SUPPORT)
The Group IT Support Executive is a member of the IT Team and will report to the Group IT Manager. The Group IT Support Executive will provide proactive operational IT and administrative support to our Colleagues at all levels across the Group and will be an active participant in delivering the IT services.
- Monitor ticket queues and chase as required, updating staff with fault progress and timescales
- Log/Process all helpdesk calls in a timely manner and wherever possible closing helpdesk calls directly
- The support of hardware and software for devices and applications from Servers, Desktops and Laptops
- Supervising junior engineering and technical staff
- Maintaining records of software licences
- End user and product support for printers and photocopiers
- OS Setup/Support – Microsoft Windows 7,10 and Mac OS
- Respond to and log calls, escalating calls as required with key support vendors
- Manage and set up new hardware following IT policies and procedures
- Provide Anti-Virus support
- Meeting room presentation projectors support to staff
- The support of Microsoft products such as Office (various versions)
- Maintain awareness of Snows Motor Group IT Infrastructure
- Amending/Manage user's accounts on various systems including (but not limited to) Active Directory, Exchange, Manufacturer Systems.
- Logging of faults to 3rd parties and chasing relevant technical teams
- Maintain awareness of Staffing levels, Virus Alerts, potential threats / problems that will affect Snows Motor Group Systems and act accordingly in the absence of a senior staff.
- Maintain a high level of physical and data security
- Creation of ‘how to’ user guides for staff
- Support of the Mobile Device Management for all business tablets and mobiles
- Visiting sites in the south of England where ‘hands on’ is necessary
- Should a system issue or outage occur you will be expected to make all available effort to get the systems backup which may include working unsociable hours.
- Any other duties and projects specified by the I.T. Management that may arise from time to time.
Skills and Competencies
- Able to plan, organise self and meet agreed work deadlines.
- Able to assimilate information quickly and provide considered responses.
- Strong work ethic and adaptable to change.
- Attention to detail and maintains good, accurate quality of work.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines to achieve the business needs.
- Good analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
- Able to research a subject and find an appropriate solution.
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management
- Enthusiasm for continual learning
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Essential & Desirable Skills & Qualifications
Experience in a similar role.
Fluent written and spoken English.
Full, clean driving licence.
- In-depth knowledge of hardware and software
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT and software trends
- Willingness to sometimes work unsociable hours
- MCP or MCSE qualifications desirable but not essential
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in an IT discipline
- IT Support Helpdesk Software – Service Desk Plus or other software
- Experience of supporting Apple and Android products
- Mitel telephone support experience
Working hours applicable for the role:
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm with an hour for lunch
In return you will be entitled to:
- 30 days holiday, inc. Bank holidays (pro rata)
- Recommend a Friend
- Introducing a customer
- Life Assurance benefit
- Snows pension scheme
- Specsavers vouchers
- Recognition for zero sickness
- Recognition of length of service at 5,10,15,20 years anniversary
- BEN – Employee Assistance Programme
In addition to all of this Snows is committed to ensuring its employees receive the best training both in house and via its manufacturers.
We regret that due to volume, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
** Important Consent Note ** By clicking the “Submit Application” button, you are expressly giving your consent to us sharing your CV within Snows. This is for the purpose that other roles within the Group may be suitable for you. As a result you are giving your consent to receive email contact from Snows for the purpose of discussing available roles with you. Snows will not use your details for any other purpose or share your details with any third parties outside of the Group. If you do not give your explicit consent for the reasons stated above please do not click the “Submit Application” button.