Group Accounts Clerk
The Group Accounts Clerk is a member of the Accounts Team and will report to the Financial Controller. The Group Accounts Clerk will perform a range of clerical and accounting duties, supporting the Financial Controller and Assistant Accountant with the preparation of monthly management accounts.
and maintain positive people relations across the Group.
support and advice to staff within the group.
effectively & efficiently with Accounts issues.
with all of Snows policies and procedures.
- Opening of the
- Answering the
- Posting payments
received from the daily banking and reconciling the cash control accounts
- Raising payments
via cheques and IAT’s, posting them to the appropriate ledgers
scanning and passing invoices/credits on the purchase ledger
- Processing Parts
invoices from individual manufacturers
warranty credit notes/SBI’s and reconciling the warranty clearing account
transactions from the bank statement on to the relevant ledgers and reconciling
the closing balance each day.
- Batch inputting
sales ledger invoices, for those businesses not on the current DMS
- Filing of all
- Reconciliation of
cash control accounts, for example vehicle/parts deposits
- Distribution of
outstanding cash reports. Chasing responses, following up and dealing with the
queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Distribution of Vehicle
debtor’s reports. Chasing responses, following up and dealing with the queries
- Chasing managers
to authorise/verify invoices
- Passing invoices
to the relevant nominals, once authorised
statement reconciliations, including manufacturer parts statements
sales ledger account reconciliation and payments (parts & vehicle)
- Processing of
monthly invoices for insurance products
- Purchase Ledger
- Purchase Ledger
- Posting and
reconciliation of vehicle bonuses
- Posting and
reconciliation of finance commissions & subsidy’s
- Assisting FC/AA
with notes to the accounts
Skills & Competencies
- Able to plan, organise self and meet agreed work deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and adaptable to change.
- Attention to detail and maintain good, accurate quality of work.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines to achieve the business needs.
- Good analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
Essential & Desirable Skills & Qualifications
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Highly numerate and conscientious
- Excellent phone manner
- PC, Microsoft, web literate
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in accounting, or equivalent
- Experience with accounting software – CDK
- Qualified or studying towards AAT, or equivalent qualification
- Experience within a similar business
Working hours applicable to this role are:
Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm with an hour for lunch
In return you will be entitled to:
- 30 days holiday, inc. Bank holidays (pro rata)
- Recommend a Friend
- Introducing a customer
- Life Assurance benefit
- Snows pension scheme
- Specsavers vouchers
- Recognition for zero sickness
- Recognition of length of service at 5,10,15,20 years anniversary
- BEN – Employee Assistance Programme
We regret that due to volume, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
** Important Consent Note ** By clicking the “Submit Application” button, you are expressly giving your consent to us sharing your CV within Snows. This is for the purpose that other roles within the Group may be suitable for you. As a result you are giving your consent to receive email contact from Snows for the purpose of discussing available roles with you. Snows will not use your details for any other purpose or share your details with any third parties outside of the Group. If you do not give your explicit consent for the reasons stated above please do not click the “Submit Application” button.