The Driving Spirit
Snows are an AM Top 50 automotive retailer covering 18 Brands at 52 franchises. Based in the south and south-west of England the business differentiates itself from its’ competitors by delivering outstanding customer service for its customers and manufacturer partners. Snows are currently on the lookout for a Premises Engineer to join our established team in the South West to maintain our dealerships in Exeter, Paignton, Plymouth, and Yeovil.
The Premises Engineer is a member of the Facilities Team reporting to the H&S/Facilities Manager and the Franchise Manager. The Premises Engineer will provide reactive and pro-active maintenance and repairs as well as small building projects and porterage.
Your day will include:
- Attending sites to ensure that all building/plant/grounds are working correctly and efficiently.
- Responding promptly to requests from the H&S/Facilities manager or Snows Senior Management Team.
- Maintaining a vehicle to ensure it complies with all legal obligations.
- Ensuring all receipts for parts/tools and fuel are kept and handed in weekly.
- Completing timesheets and jobs sheets on a weekly basis to book out work.
- Complying with all Snows policies and procedures.
- Assisting with H&S related tasks, (monitoring, updating sites) and to be a proactive H&S champion.
Have you got what it takes?
- Ability to react to situations and adapt the task to fit around the site/people.
- Motivated to work alone or as part of a team to complete a task.
- Understand Health & Safety requirements of a task.
- Liaise with the varying levels of management/staff and contractors across a network of sites.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Computer/Smartphone literate.
- Able to use hand tools.
- Driving licence to cover category C1+E (vehicles up to 7.5 tonnes) in order to cover driving one of our larger vehicles and or towing a trailer.
- IPAF Licence for category 1a, 3a & 3b machines.
- Any City & Guilds or other recognised qualification in an electrotechnical /plumbing /building /carpentry discipline.
- Proficiency in using a multitude of power tools/plant.
What is in it for you?
- Highly competitive salary and bonus scheme.
- Full training and support to help you immerse yourself in the role and Snows values.
- 30 days holiday, inc. Bank holidays plus additional holiday entitlement as recognition of length of service with Snows at 5,10,15, 20 anniversary.
- Discounted MOTs, Service & Parts.
- Recommend a Friend Bonus/ Introducing a Customer Bonus.
- Life Assurance Benefit.
- Snows Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Health Shield.
- BEN – Employee Assistance Programme.
- Excellent development opportunities to learn & grow with Snows.
- Role dependant – tool box insurance /company car scheme/ Uncapped earnings potential through commission or bonus structures.
Hours of work
Monday – Friday 8.00am-17-00pm with 1 hour lunch.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period; therefore, we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of applying then please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
** Important Consent Note ** By clicking the “Submit Application” button, you are expressly giving your consent to us sharing your CV within Snows. This is for the purpose that other roles within the Group may be suitable for you. As a result, you are giving your consent to receive email contact from Snows for the purpose of discussing available roles with you. Snows will not use your details for any other purpose or share your details with any third parties outside of the Group. If you do not give your explicit consent for the reasons stated above please do not click the “Submit Application” button.
Thank you for applying to Snows.